Spirit has been around for many years by now and still is the preferred shoe for many orienteers and off trail athletes, regardless if they are world champions or amateurs. Being the off trail benchmark doesn’t mean you get to rest though, at least not if you want to stay ahead.
The key to success lies in the combination between low weight, smoothness and traction, but without compromising durability. The upper material is a bluesign® high abrasion recycled PET Polyester with a protective TPU mudguard, very smooth and with a thin and direct feeling. The low cut collar and the very comfy heel cup relieve the Achilles tendon from pressure. The closed-cell foam of the heel cup and the upper Polyester fabric absorb very little water (maximum 20 % increase when wet). The low sole profile and drop optimize ground control, but yet it’s flexible to allow the foot to move naturally. The last has been updated with a slightly roomier toe box. The outsole provides outstanding grip, with innovative diagonal ridge pattern, that is enhanced to amazing with 14 integrated OLX carbide tip studs.
For what: Orienteering and off-trail running
Why we made it: The best orienteers in the world needed a low-weight, non-absorbing studded shoe with a tight fit, slim profile and the best traction in the world. We gave them Spirit.
– Fourteen OLX steel studs
– Light and low wet weight
– Durable, protective without compromising comfort
– Upper from bluesign® 100% recycled PET polyester.
– Lining from bluesign® 100% recycled and solution dyed polyester.
– Removable insole made of 20% BLOOM® Foam and lightweight EVA, lined with bluesign® 100% recycled and solution dyed polyester.
– Heel/Toe counters: Milspeed, 11-12% recycled fish nets, 45-48% recycled polyethylene.
– Midsole compound made with 20% BLOOM® Foam EVA.