Zeal is the footwear benchmark for demanding terrain, providing unrivalled combination of low weight, ground control, support and traction. The upper material is durable yet smooth, and together with the lacing system it embraces the foot firmly. The padding in collar and tongue is made of foam with closed cells which mean minimal water absorption in wet conditions. The toe box has a protective mudguard. Thanks to the midsole construction Zeal provides torsional stability but is still flexible with a soft and smooth running feeling. This combination is possible thanks to the moulded midsole cradle. This U-shaped midsole cradle not only adds superb fit and running properties, it also turns into a reinforcement protecting the foot in harsh terrain. The height of the soft and comfortable heel cup is slightly reduced at centre back in order to relieve the Achilles tendon from pressure. The last has a medium width with a straight big toe line. The torsion and cushioning is in perfect balance, and in combination with the low sole profile the ground control is just outstanding. As if the deep lugs of the outsole wouldn’t provide traction enough the OLX version has 16 fixed carbide tip steel studs that will provide traction everywhere.
For what: For racing and training on technical trails or off-trail in all kinds of weather.
Why we made it: Minimalistic off trail shoe that offers the perfect mix between ground control, traction and protection.
– Outsole lugs and OLX traction
– Perfect combo of off-trail performance and comfort
– Medium last and roomy toe box
– Upper from bluesign® 100% recycled PET polyester.
– Lining from bluesign® 100% recycled and solution dyed polyester.
– Removable insole made of 20% BLOOM® Foam and lightweight EVA, lined with bluesign® 100% recycled and solution dyed polyester.
– Heel/Toe counters: Milspeed, 11-12% recycled fish nets, 45-48% recycled polyethylene.
– Midsole compound made with 20% BLOOM® Foam EVA.